Saturday, January 30, 2010

Shrederize Me!

I started Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred tonight, and man it was tough!! I never knew/thought I could sweat so much in 20 minutes! I am hoping by posting about the routine every-so-often that I will have more accountability because I know someone will be reading this and keeping tabs on me (well, hopefully :) ). So here's to 29 more days of ass-kicking to get back into shape! I also recently joined VillaSport, which is a luxury gym with a spa and everything, so I will also start going there for a couple hours 3-4x a week. I used to go to 24 hr Fitness but you can't take your little ones there until they are 6 months old, and at VillaSport you can take them there as early as 6 weeks which is this wednesday for me!!

Anyways, I had a total meltdown a couple of days ago. I can't fit into my regular jeans yet (well I can't button them, which poses a problem) so I needed some new jeans to get me through until I'm back down to size. So my sister and I went to Old Navy and I'm thinking "ok, I'm probably a size 8 now since pre-pregnancy I was a size 6." I tried on the size 8...nope, not a size 8. "Ooook  then I'm definitely a size 10, no biggie." Definitely not a size 10. "A size 12????? really?"  Yes, m'am, a size 12. At this point, the tears start rolling down my cheeks and I'm kicking myself for indulging in too much chocolate and sweets. I immediately call myself and cry to him and say "I'm a size 12! You don' think I'm sexy!!!!!!" He tries to calm me down and assure me that I am still sexy and he still wants to have sex with me (thank God because it's been forever!)  It is just so hard to go from being slim and having a super flat stomach to all this extra skin and untoned nastiness. I am probably sounding conceded right about now, but it is a hard transition! But, my son is absolutely worth it. I am semi-proud of my stretch marks, however.

But, I digress...I wore the size 12 jeans I just bought yesterday and they were seriously falling off me! Am I just shedding weight uber fast? or did I just think I was bigger than I actually am? I mean, I can seriously take the jeans off without unbuttoning them. So I returned the other pair and got a size 10. I am happy with that now, but my goal is to to be in a size 8 in a month and then back to my regular size by 8 weeks. So I definitely need to keep up with the 30 day shred and working out 3-4x a week. I think I can do it as long as I make it a priority and try to get LJ on a schedule. I am excited about this!! Working out, getting stronger, looking hotter, feeling better about myself. And then, of course, the ultimate reward is a big shopping spree. By then it'll be spring and I'll be able to buy and wear sexy dresses and maybe a bikini!!

Jillian Michaels, here I come!!

1 comment:

  1. you are a kick!! you go girl!! i know you'll be smokin in no time!! :)

    ReplyDelete